BYP Pneumatic Actuator Series
The “BY” Series incorporates several new design features to provide higher efficiency and cost-effective solution. These actuators show lightweight and compact designs and introduce a new generation of patented mechanisms.
- Quarter turn SCOTCH YOKE Mechanism
- Double Acting & Spring Return
- Symmetric or canted yoke design
- Pneumatic power supply (up to 12 BARG)
- Output Torque Up to 13.000 Nm
- Standard temperature range -30°C +93°C
- Low temperature version -60°C + 93°C
- PED 2014/68/UE Compliant
- ATEX 2014/34/UE Compliant
- IP67M, NEMA 4, 4x & 6 as minimum
- SIL3 Capable according to IEC 61508
- Corrosion resistant cylinder
- Manual Override available
- Protected travel stops are standard
- Modular concept
- Actuator in carbon steel – NO Aluminum NO Cast Iron
- Pressure retaining components 3.1 Certified according to EN10204
Key Features & Advantages
- The double-acting models are available with individual test and guaranteed minimum output torque ranging from 40 Nm (350 lb-in) to 13,000 Nm (115,059 lb-in)
- The single acting models produce spring ending torque ranging from 41 Nm (362 lb-in) to 4693 Nm (41536 lb-in)
- Operating pressure ranges between 2 barg (30 psig) and 12 barg (175 psig)
- Standard design construction allows operating temperature from -30 degC (-20 degF) to +93 degC (+199 degF)
- Low Temperature extended operating range down to -60 degC (-76 degF)
Patented Mechanism which reduced mechanical clearances between cylinder piston rod and driving module.
Mechanism Guide System
Patented Dual Guide Bar hard chromium plated to minimize driving block swing extending piston rod lifespan under heavy load &/or continuous modulating duty.
Symmetric or canted yoke
BY Series is available with either symmetric or canted yoke design depending on valve torque profile demand.
Reduced air consumption with higher efficiency
Water ingress protection
Totally enclosed and weather-proof actuator center-body is engineered to meet IP66, IP67 IP67M and NEMA 4 & 4X specifications for submerged and high pressure water deluge application.
Cylinder Tube & all structural parts are manufactured in carbon steel material: no cast/grey iron or aluminum. All pressure containing part are supplied with 3.1 certificate according to EN10204. DVG guarantees, where applicable, that actuators are designed and manufactured according to PED (97/23 CE) directive . Cylinder tube is internally nickel-plated lined (minimum 25µm). Nickel-plating layer can be increased upon request.
Floating type piston seal prevents sticking phenomena after prolonged operation-less period and ensures reduced hysteresis and high sensitivity.
Dual piston PTFE sliding guide. Yoke arm & shaft are mounted with steel Teflon coated bushing to minimize wearing effect and show higher sensitivity.
Accessory mounting pad allows dual side mounting do not require fixing modification in case of rear side assembly.
Manual Override Option
- Open type jackscrew handwheel as standard
- Option available with declutch-able and locking devices to avoid spurious actuator operation;
- Completely enclosed option
- Double acting actuators are supplied with two off jackscrew.
Catalogues and Media
Certifications & Degree
Write to us
DVG Automation Spa
It is important for us to reach you and understand your needs. Do you have any questions? Fill out the contact form or write to us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us email@example.com